How to Apply
Deadline Extended! Most applications now open through March 15, 2024
Each year, UMHEF invites students to apply for chances at more than $2 million in scholarships awarded by UMHEF every year.
How to Apply for a UMHEF Scholarship
- Links to applications are posted below. Each application will include detailed instructions. Please be sure to READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS before beginning your application.
- UMHEF uses Smarter Select to host our scholarship applications. When accessing our applications, you will be prompted to create a free applicant profile on Smarter Select, choosing a username and password to securely log in at any time to work on and submit your applications.
- Parents and guardians, if you fill out an application for your student please be sure and provide their contact information where requested.
- Students wishing to apply for UMHEF scholarships designated for students attending UM-related HBCUs should apply using the General Named Endowed Scholarship application linked below.
- Are you an international student studying outside the United States? Be sure to use the International Student Application linked below.
- If the scholarship application you are submitting references a form that needs to accompany your application, those will be posted here.
2024 UMHEF Scholarship Applications
- United Methodist Dollars for Scholars Application – Extended Deadline: March 15, 2024
- General Named Endowed Scholarships Application – Extended Deadline: March 15, 2024
- International Student Scholarships Application – Extended Deadline: March 15, 2024
- Chaplain Samuel Grover Powell Scholarship – Deadline: July 1, 2024