General Named Endowed Scholarships
Applications Now Open!
Deadline: March 1, 2023
The UMHEF General Named Endowed Scholarship program includes awards of varying amounts from 130+ named scholarship funds established by various donors. These traditionally competitive awards consider GPA, income, leadership, etc. Unlike the UM Dollars for Scholars program, General Named Endowed Scholarships do not require matching funds from a student’s church.
In addition to basic eligibility requirements, some funds have additional criteria (i.e. from a specific state/region, majoring in specified field, etc.) that students must meet in order to be considered. Some awards are also designated to support students of various diverse backgrounds and ethnicities. We will match you with the award(s) for which you are most eligible based on your completed application.
Notes About Applying
- When you are ready to apply, you may do so via SmarterSelect by clicking the button below. Use the log-in for an existing student account or create one for free.
- Please be sure to use an email and mailing address you check often so that we can get in touch with you.
- Read ALL instructions on the application before beginning.
- Submit your application and supporting materials by the March 1, 2023 deadline.
- For additional questions, please see our FAQ page before contacting us. Thank you!
NOTE: If you are an international student attending a United Methodist-related school please use our International Application.