UM Dollars for Scholars
Applications are currently closed for this scholarship. Keep reading for exceptions.
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars (UMDFS) program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, as well as participating United Methodist-related schools and UMC conference foundations. Awards may total up to $4,000. Funds are limited at each matching level; awards and totals are not guaranteed. Keep reading for full details!
How This Award Works
- A student’s church offers support with $1,000 (on a church check sent directly to UMHEF).
- UMHEF matches that for a total of $2,000 (while funds last).
- Participating United Methodist-related schools may match with $1,000.
- For United Methodist applicants, participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000.
- Your UM Dollars for Scholars scholarship may total up to $4,000.
- Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements found here.
- You must apply annually to be considered for a scholarship each school year.
- Please note that some schools may not provide the same matching award to non-UM members or graduate students; check with your school to verify matching for your degree program.
- Doctoral students are not eligible for this award program.
- Deadline Exception: Students attending 2-year UM-related schools (Andrew College or Louisburg College) may apply through June 1.
Please Note: Funds are limited at each matching level, so awards and award totals are not guaranteed. Matched funds from participating schools and conference foundations listed here may vary and are not guaranteed. Each partner may have a limit to the number of awards they can match in any given year.
How to Apply
- If you are attending Andrew College or Louisburg College this fall, you may apply through June 1 using the printable application found here.
- Applications are closed for students attending all other schools. If you would like to inquire about being granted an extension to apply and your church is ready to sponsor the $1,000 initial award, please contact Director of Scholarships, Jamie Cook.
- Please be sure to use an email and mailing address you check often so that we can get in touch with you.
- Read ALL instructions on the application before beginning.
- For additional questions, please see our FAQ page before contacting us. Thank you!
You may apply for any UMHEF scholarship for which you qualify! Be sure to read about our other available scholarships.