Legacy Giving

Do you want to leave a legacy in support of United Methodist students and UM-related institutions?

The most common and simplest way someone can give a legacy gift (also known as planned giving) to the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation is by making a bequest via a will or trust. UMHEF staff would be honored to work with you if you are considering a bequest or other form of planned giving. 

Common forms of legacy giving include:

  • Bequests
  • Charitable Trusts
  • Donor-advised Funds
  • Stocks or Appreciated Securities

If you plan to leave UMHEF in your will, please let us know so we can thank you in your lifetime.

Here is some helpful information from AARP about planned giving:

Estate Planning Guide

Estate Planning Kit

Looking for information about endowments? Click here.

To discuss legacy giving through UMHEF, contact us at 615-649-3990.