UMHEF Expands Eligibility Criteria in 2023
In an effort to continue its commitment to making higher education possible for Methodist students, the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation is expanding its eligibility criteria in 2023. Beginning January 1, students who are members of the following historically Methodist denominations are welcome to apply for UMHEF scholarships:
- The United Methodist Church
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- AME Zion Church
- Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
Additional criteria to qualify for awards to help fund the 2023-2024 academic year, and other important notes, include:
- Must be an active member of an abovementioned denomination for at least one year before applying
- Preference is given to students enrolled or planning to enroll full-time in one of the 100+ United Methodist-related colleges, universities, or seminaries (see list here)
- For students applying for the UM Dollars for Scholars program, applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a school that participates in the program
- At this time, Doctoral (including PhD and any other doctorate-level program) candidates are not eligible.
- International students, for which a very limited amount of scholarship funds are available, may apply using an application created specifically for students outside of the US. Preference is given to international students attending UM-related schools within the US.