Together, Let's Send Students to College!
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars program begins with a $1,000 scholarship from your church and matches it for up to $4,000.
Pastors and church leaders, you are invited to partner with the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation to make it more affordable for your Methodist students to attend UM-related colleges, universities, and seminaries. The foundation’s UM Dollars for Scholars is a popular matching-fund program that makes this possible.
How UM Dollars for Scholars Works
- Your church offers support to a student with $1,000 (on a church check sent directly to UMHEF after the student has applied).
- UMHEF matches that for a total of $2,000.
- Participating United Methodist-related schools may match with up to $1,000.
- For United Methodist applicants, participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000 as well.
- Your UM Dollars for Scholars scholarship may total up to $4,000.
- Eligible churches include United Methodist Church, African Methodist Episcopal Church, AME Zion Church, and Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. If your church has recently disaffiliated from The UMC but would still like to sponsor a student, the student is welcome to apply.
Together, we can ensure more students can receive a quality higher education with less financial burden. Keep this amazing opportunity in mind when planning your 2024 budget!
Applications: Students may apply for this scholarship beginning January 1, 2024 for the 2024-2025 school year.
The United Methodist Higher Education Foundation is a private non-profit 501(c)3 organization that awards $2+ million annually to United Methodists and other students attending UM-related schools. Learn more about our vision. Our scholarships are separate from those offered by the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry.